Monday, February 6, 2023

New Beginnings


Today marks a new beginning for me.  I used to blog when blogging was popular about 8 years ago.  It's been a long time!  Every now and then I feel like expressing myself in some creative way.  Sometimes it's through updating my house or adding some decor I didn't have before.  I think painting a wall or choosing a new lamp is a way of putting my stamp on something, a way of saying "This is who I am." It's the same way you feel when you choose a new outfit or pick out a new pair of shoes.  You choose based on what you personally like,  what makes you feel most comfortable in your skin,  what is most YOU!  We all have our own likes and dislikes.  It makes us unique from others.  Sometimes it takes your whole life to figure out who you are, what you like, and sometimes you feel like you wasted part of your life being someone you aren't and you don't even know it, until one day you wake up and realize it. 

 I like to write.  I'm not particularly good at it and most times it doesn't come easy but when I have something mulling over in my head, it feels good to put it into words.  It's a way of expressing more of me, I guess, even though that me is always evolving.  So I'm picking up blogging again.  It feels good just to put that down on paper.  I don't know why.  Maybe because I found enjoyment in it a long time ago and getting back to it makes me feel like I'm finding myself again.  Because somehow in the last 6-8 years, I've lost myself.  Or a crucial piece of myself.  I hope to write about that at another time for that is what is inspiring this post.  And the name of this new blog.  I don't know if anyone will read this and I don't think I care.  Maybe I'll just share this with my children someday is all.  I still think, even if no one reads it at all that it will be a benefit to write.

The picture above is of my husband and myself.  We went to Arkansas for our 31st anniversary for a week!  Can I tell you we really needed that week alone to reconnect.  Can I be honest here?  I was a little nervous about spending that much time alone with my husband.  We are really busy people and sometimes we can lose touch with each other but you know what?  It was a really beautiful time of relaxation and rediscovery.  God so gently reminded me that we have so much in common and we really enjoy each others company.  We are so comfortable with each other than we can give each other grace to do and be what we feel like without being selfish or rude about it.  If he wanted to go work-out alone in the morning or I wanted to sleep in, we let each other without any resentment or judgement.  So this picture reminds me of that.  A freedom to be who we are separate as individuals and that seems to make us secure with each other when we are together. Does that make sense?  We went that day to go play pickle ball but because the courts were taken up with a tennis tournament, we decided to enjoy the sunshine and watch the tournament.  We knew no one playing, we weren't cheering for a certain team, we were just enjoying the sport and weather.  It is something we never do.  But it makes me happy to remember that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Musings

 There is much on my mind today but I don't know if I can put it into words.  Today I worked in my garden getting it ready for spring pl...